Two Cops Scam the Klan in the First Trailer for Spike Lee’s BlacKkKlansman
Shortly after the film’s debut screening at the Cannes Film Festival, the first trailer for Spike Lee’s next joint has arrived. BlacKkKlansman stars John David Washington as Ron Stallworth, a cop who’s new to the force in Colorado Springs, Colorado, and who infiltrates the Klu Klux Klan by pretending to be white. Stallworth makes contact with Grand Wizard David Duke (Topher Grace) over the phone and markets himself as a white man driven to preserve the purity of the race. The two strike up a relationship, but how does he handle actual in-person meetings with his “fellow” Klansmen? His partner Flip (Adam Driver) attends face-to-face meetings, billing himself as Stallworth. The story is even based on true events, and you can see it in theaters starting August 10.
- Homeland: In Memoriam
- The Best Video Games for Non-Gamers to Play in Quarantine
- An Ode to Alexis and David’s Constant Bickering on Schitt’s Creek
- Ruth Langmore’s Most Iconic Lines on Ozark
- Don’t Watch These Movies If Quarantine Is Driving You Crazy
- Why Are People Watching Pandemic Movies Right Now?
- Gloria Steinem Describes New York Magazine As ‘Heaven’
- The Circle’s Joey Sasso Shares Some Very Helpful Instagram Tips
- The Go-Go’s Dish On the Music Industry and the Billboard Awards
- Scare Me Is the Only Retirement Plan Josh Ruben Has Now
- Kali Uchis, Wilmer Valderrama, and the Rest of Blast Beat Tell Us What’s Metal
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Will Ferrell, and Everyone Else From Downhill Go Shoeless
- Mila Kunis Reveals Glenn Close Is a Professional Emoji-er
- Andy Samberg, Camila Mendes, and Cristin Milioti Try to Spoil Palm Springs
- Could Rachel Brosnahan Be a Spy?
- The Cast and Creator of Bad Hair Decide Which Hair Is Definitely Haunted
- Miss Americana Did Have to Leave Out Some Taylor Swift Details
- All the Humble, Normal Men Have Returned to Streaming
- Dogs Review Cats
- All of These Film Franchises Take Place Solely on Earth