Watch a Doll Version of Steve Carell Fight Off Nazis in the Welcome to Marwen Trailer
Get ready to dab the corners of your eyes because this one looks like it’s going to hit you right in the heart. In the Robert Zemeckis–directed Welcome to Marwen, Steve Carell stars as Mark Hogancamp, a man whose life is shattered after being beaten within an inch of his life by a group of Nazis. Mark copes with his trauma by making art out of an elaborate WWII doll village called Marwen — created outside his home — where his small soldier avatar is protected by the community’s female residents, characters that are re-creations of his real-life friends. It’s based on the true story of the real Mark Hogancamp, who was attacked in 2000 outside a bar near his home for being a cross-dresser, and who really did create the fictitious town of Marwencol, Belgium, in his backyard. Welcome to Marwen opens on November 21.
- Homeland: In Memoriam
- The Best Video Games for Non-Gamers to Play in Quarantine
- An Ode to Alexis and David’s Constant Bickering on Schitt’s Creek
- Ruth Langmore’s Most Iconic Lines on Ozark
- Don’t Watch These Movies If Quarantine Is Driving You Crazy
- Why Are People Watching Pandemic Movies Right Now?
- Gloria Steinem Describes New York Magazine As ‘Heaven’
- The Circle’s Joey Sasso Shares Some Very Helpful Instagram Tips
- The Go-Go’s Dish On the Music Industry and the Billboard Awards
- Scare Me Is the Only Retirement Plan Josh Ruben Has Now
- Kali Uchis, Wilmer Valderrama, and the Rest of Blast Beat Tell Us What’s Metal
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Will Ferrell, and Everyone Else From Downhill Go Shoeless
- Mila Kunis Reveals Glenn Close Is a Professional Emoji-er
- Andy Samberg, Camila Mendes, and Cristin Milioti Try to Spoil Palm Springs
- Could Rachel Brosnahan Be a Spy?
- The Cast and Creator of Bad Hair Decide Which Hair Is Definitely Haunted
- Miss Americana Did Have to Leave Out Some Taylor Swift Details
- All the Humble, Normal Men Have Returned to Streaming
- Dogs Review Cats
- All of These Film Franchises Take Place Solely on Earth