Cate Blanchett and Jack Black Are Witches in The House With the Clock in Its Walls Trailer
Cate Blanchett is arguably one of the world’s most charismatic people and Jack Black is one of the world’s preeminent stars of fantasy films for children, so there’s something for almost everyone in this trailer for The House With the Clock in Its Walls. Based on the book by John Bellairs, the movie follows a young boy named Lewis (Owen Vaccaro), who goes to live with his uncle (Jack Black) and his uncle’s associate (Cate Blanchett) in a grand old home that’s filled with magic and monsters — and also has a clock in its walls that may cause the end of the world! Much to the surprise of Lewis, his new caretakers are witches, and he’s going to have to help them stop the mysterious clock before it destroys everything. But the biggest twist of all? This tale of whimsy is directed by Eli Roth. Cross your fingers that no one turns cannibal! House opens in theaters on September 21.
- The 7 Most Damning Appearances on Who Is America?
- Watch a Cannabis Expert Fact-Check Stoner Movies
- Watch a Sword Expert Fact-check Hollywood Sword Fights
- Pets in Film Are Shook by Human Intimacy
- Chef Dale Talde Critiques Hollywood Food Scenes
- How Realistic Are Shark Attacks in Movies?
- Camp Counselors React to Hollywood Camp Scenes
- The Billy Eichner ‘Let’s Go, Lesbians!’ Meme Is Here to Save the Day
- NYC Stories: Bill Hader and Henry Winkler Have Ridiculous Memories of NYC
- How Realistic Are Hollywood Hacking Scenes?
- A History of the New York Drag Scene That Launched RuPaul
- We Baked a Drake Cake to Celebrate Scorpion
- Sex Educators React to Hollywood’s Sex Scenes
- Why GLOW’s Creators Feel Like They’re Running a ‘Leotard Factory’
- Justin Hartley on Kevin’s Transformation in This Is Us
- How Ryan Murphy Convinced Billie Lourd to Dye Her Hair For AHS: Cult
- Ted Danson on Why The Good Place Is Really About Karma
- Why Matt LeBlanc Embraced Humiliation for Episodes
- Evan Rachel Wood Explains Why Westworld Is an Actor’s Obstacle Course
- Roger Rabbit Changed the Way Hollywood Animates