Cate Blanchett and Jack Black Are Witches in The House With the Clock in Its Walls Trailer
Cate Blanchett is arguably one of the world’s most charismatic people and Jack Black is one of the world’s preeminent stars of fantasy films for children, so there’s something for almost everyone in this trailer for The House With the Clock in Its Walls. Based on the book by John Bellairs, the movie follows a young boy named Lewis (Owen Vaccaro), who goes to live with his uncle (Jack Black) and his uncle’s associate (Cate Blanchett) in a grand old home that’s filled with magic and monsters — and also has a clock in its walls that may cause the end of the world! Much to the surprise of Lewis, his new caretakers are witches, and he’s going to have to help them stop the mysterious clock before it destroys everything. But the biggest twist of all? This tale of whimsy is directed by Eli Roth. Cross your fingers that no one turns cannibal! House opens in theaters on September 21.
- Taylor Garron and Chanel James Made a Whole Movie From Separate Homes
- Matthew Rhys Walks Us Through Getting Humped Off a Bed
- Sam Richardson Is Daddy and He Is Familiar (With Guns)
- Tom Stourton’s Face was Not Allowed to Play Edward Snowden
- Elijah Wood Is Just a Really Nice Guy, Honestly
- Michael Ian Black Owns a Robot Car
- Allow Selling Sunset’s Mary Fitzgerald to Convince You to Move to L.A.
- Meeting the Greatest Band You’ve (Maybe) Never Heard Of