The Billy Eichner ‘Let’s Go, Lesbians!’ Meme Is Here to Save the Day
Would you believe that, during the tarmac battle between the Avengers in Captain America: Civil War, Chris Evans’s monologue was “Let’s go, lesbians!”? You don’t have to, but you can, because Evans recently joked that was the case after seeing a meme dubbing the scene with those very words from Billy Eichner from a 2013 episode of Billy on the Street.
Soon thereafter — maybe because of Evans’s tweet or just because it was just that good — the meme took off, spawning some very excellent iterations using moments from Forrest Gump, The Lion King, Rocky, and more. We have ranked the best of the “Let’s Go, Lesbians!” meme for you here today (and also decided to add a few of our own contributions).
- An Illusionist Reacts to Movies and TV Shows About Illusions
- SNL Writers on Their Favorite Oddball Sketches of Season 44
- Watch a User Experience Expert React to Sci-fi Operating Systems
- The Meanest Jabs in Season One of Succession
- The 13 Most Withering Insults on ‘Big Little Lies’
- Tom Kenny Explains Various SpongeBob Memes
- How Realistic Is Hollywood’s Depiction of Women in Media?
- Christina Applegate Explains the Backstory of Jen’s Mastectomy on Dead to Me
- How Timothy Simons Handles All the Insults on Veep
- Sutton Foster Gushes Over Younger Director Miriam Shor
- The Team Behind I Am the Night on Why It’s So Universally Resonant
- The Cast of Miracle Workers Plays a Round of Catch Phrase
- DeWanda Wise on Preparing for Her Role in She’s Gotta Have It
- The Women of One Day at a Time Ship Penelope and Schneider’s Relationship
- Here’s What Went Into Filming Camping Episode of Project Runway
- Linda Cardellini Is Good at Keeping Secrets
- Natasha Rothwell Channels Her Inner Nancy Meyers
- Anna Konkle and Maya Erskine on Why Pen15 Is So Relatable
- Niecy Nash Critiques Iconic Nails
- Eric McCormack on What Society Expects From Sitcoms