Watch a Weed Expert Fact-Check Stoner Movies
In Vulture’s video series, Expert Witness, we ask scientists, historians, and other professionals to give Hollywood movies a good old-fashioned fact-check.
Mary Jane, reefer, the Devil’s lettuce … call it what you will, marijuana has played a huge role in movies for a long time. But how accurately do these movies portray pot and the people who smoke it? We sat down with Michael Zaytsev, founder of New York–based Cannabis education platform High NY to see just how these on-screen stoners stack up to the real thing.
- Taylor Garron and Chanel James Made a Whole Movie From Separate Homes
- Matthew Rhys Walks Us Through Getting Humped Off a Bed
- Sam Richardson Is Daddy and He Is Familiar (With Guns)
- Tom Stourton’s Face was Not Allowed to Play Edward Snowden
- Elijah Wood Is Just a Really Nice Guy, Honestly
- Michael Ian Black Owns a Robot Car
- Allow Selling Sunset’s Mary Fitzgerald to Convince You to Move to L.A.
- Meeting the Greatest Band You’ve (Maybe) Never Heard Of