Watch a Sword Expert Fact-check Hollywood Sword Fights
In Vulture’s video series, Expert Witness, we ask scientists, historians, and other professionals to give Hollywood movies a good old-fashioned fact-check.
It’s the age-old tale of steel on steel, good versus evil, in a fight to the death. Swords have played a huge part in some of cinemas most iconic fight scenes, from the swashbucklers of the studio age to front-flipping Jedi and Sith. But how do these sword fights hold up under the discerning eye of a sword expert? Traditional fencing master and professional fight coordinator Jared Kirby breaks down the historical and martial accuracy of some of Hollywood’s iconic sword fights.
- Taylor Garron and Chanel James Made a Whole Movie From Separate Homes
- Matthew Rhys Walks Us Through Getting Humped Off a Bed
- Sam Richardson Is Daddy and He Is Familiar (With Guns)
- Tom Stourton’s Face was Not Allowed to Play Edward Snowden
- Elijah Wood Is Just a Really Nice Guy, Honestly
- Michael Ian Black Owns a Robot Car
- Allow Selling Sunset’s Mary Fitzgerald to Convince You to Move to L.A.
- Meeting the Greatest Band You’ve (Maybe) Never Heard Of