Watch a Mixologist Fact-Check Hollywood Bar Scenes
In Vulture’s video series, Expert Witness, we ask scientists, historians, and other professionals to give Hollywood movies a good old-fashioned fact-check.
The “bar scene” has become a staple of action movies, romantic comedies, and sitcoms alike, but how do these depictions of bar culture actually hold up to reality? To find out, we turned to April Wachtel, mixology instructor and founder and CEO of the cocktail-mixer delivery service Swig + Swallow.
- Taylor Garron and Chanel James Made a Whole Movie From Separate Homes
- Matthew Rhys Walks Us Through Getting Humped Off a Bed
- Sam Richardson Is Daddy and He Is Familiar (With Guns)
- Tom Stourton’s Face was Not Allowed to Play Edward Snowden
- Elijah Wood Is Just a Really Nice Guy, Honestly
- Michael Ian Black Owns a Robot Car
- Allow Selling Sunset’s Mary Fitzgerald to Convince You to Move to L.A.
- Meeting the Greatest Band You’ve (Maybe) Never Heard Of