Watch a Mixologist Fact-Check Hollywood Bar Scenes
In Vulture’s video series, Expert Witness, we ask scientists, historians, and other professionals to give Hollywood movies a good old-fashioned fact-check.
The “bar scene” has become a staple of action movies, romantic comedies, and sitcoms alike, but how do these depictions of bar culture actually hold up to reality? To find out, we turned to April Wachtel, mixology instructor and founder and CEO of the cocktail-mixer delivery service Swig + Swallow.
- For All Mankind’s Krys Marshall and Lev Gorn Explain Aliens to Us
- Tulsa King Convinces Us to Go to Oklahoma
- ‘Foo’ or ‘Fool’? A Chat With the Cast of This Fool
- The Afterparty Cast Will Get That Edwin McCain Song Stuck in Your Head
- A Send-Off for Search Party
- Henry Winkler Demonstrates Why He’s a Better Acting Teacher than Gene Cousineau