I Tried Auditioning for an Improv Troupe
In Vulture’s video series, The Deep End, our video producer Madison Mills finds out out how hard it is to make it in New York by trying various careers she has no experience with whatsoever.
What does it take to make it into an acclaimed improv team in New York? I have no idea. I’ve never done improv, I prefer scripts to spontaneous dialogue, and I’m more awkward than most. Regardless, I decided to find out. So I auditioned for a house team at the People’s Improv Theater, one of the most prestigious comedy schools in New York.
- Taylor Garron and Chanel James Made a Whole Movie From Separate Homes
- Matthew Rhys Walks Us Through Getting Humped Off a Bed
- Sam Richardson Is Daddy and He Is Familiar (With Guns)
- Tom Stourton’s Face was Not Allowed to Play Edward Snowden
- Elijah Wood Is Just a Really Nice Guy, Honestly
- Michael Ian Black Owns a Robot Car
- Allow Selling Sunset’s Mary Fitzgerald to Convince You to Move to L.A.
- Meeting the Greatest Band You’ve (Maybe) Never Heard Of