Watch a Meteorologist Fact-Check Weather Movies
In Vulture’s video series, Expert Witness, we ask scientists, historians, and other professionals to give Hollywood movies a good old-fashioned fact-check.
From The Wizard of Oz to Geostorm, Hollywood has always seemed to have a fascination with extreme weather. It chases characters, carries away houses, and in some more “creative” cases drops cheeseburgers and frogs from the sky. But how does the movie version of weather look compared to real life? We turned to Weather Channel meteorologist Stephanie Abrams for the answer.
- A Send-Off for Search Party
- Henry Winkler Demonstrates Why He’s a Better Acting Teacher than Gene Cousineau
- Taylor Garron and Chanel James Made a Whole Movie From Separate Homes
- Matthew Rhys Walks Us Through Getting Humped Off a Bed
- Sam Richardson Is Daddy and He Is Familiar (With Guns)
- Tom Stourton’s Face was Not Allowed to Play Edward Snowden
- Elijah Wood Is Just a Really Nice Guy, Honestly
- Michael Ian Black Owns a Robot Car
- Allow Selling Sunset’s Mary Fitzgerald to Convince You to Move to L.A.
- Meeting the Greatest Band You’ve (Maybe) Never Heard Of