Watch a Meteorologist Fact-Check Weather Movies
In Vulture’s video series, Expert Witness, we ask scientists, historians, and other professionals to give Hollywood movies a good old-fashioned fact-check.
From The Wizard of Oz to Geostorm, Hollywood has always seemed to have a fascination with extreme weather. It chases characters, carries away houses, and in some more “creative” cases drops cheeseburgers and frogs from the sky. But how does the movie version of weather look compared to real life? We turned to Weather Channel meteorologist Stephanie Abrams for the answer.
- The 13 Most Withering Insults on ‘Big Little Lies’
- Tom Kenny Explains Various SpongeBob Memes
- How Realistic Is Hollywood’s Depiction of Women in Media?
- Christina Applegate Explains the Backstory of Jen’s Mastectomy on Dead to Me
- How Timothy Simons Handles All the Insults on Veep
- Sutton Foster Gushes Over Younger Director Miriam Shor
- The Team Behind I Am the Night on Why It’s So Universally Resonant
- The Cast of Miracle Workers Plays a Round of Catch Phrase
- DeWanda Wise on Preparing for Her Role in She’s Gotta Have It
- The Women of One Day at a Time Ship Penelope and Schneider’s Relationship
- Here’s What Went Into Filming Camping Episode of Project Runway
- Linda Cardellini Is Good at Keeping Secrets
- Natasha Rothwell Channels Her Inner Nancy Meyers
- Anna Konkle and Maya Erskine on Why Pen15 Is So Relatable
- Niecy Nash Critiques Iconic Nails
- Eric McCormack on What Society Expects From Sitcoms
- Behind the Infamous Romper Scene in The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
- Lily Collins on the Importance of Strong Female Story Lines
- Christina Hendricks and Retta Play the Newlywed Game
- Why Christopher Abbott Read Catch-22 Twice Before Filming