Watch a Midwife and a Doula Fact-Check Hollywood Birth Scenes
In Vulture’s video series, Expert Witness, we ask scientists, historians, and other professionals to give Hollywood movies a good old-fashioned fact-check.
Childbirth in movies and TV is often used as a dramatic plot point, the climax of a story, or sometimes even a dangerous obstacle which our heroines must overcome. But how do these Hollywood birth scenes measure up to the real thing? We asked a professional midwife and a doula to fact-check some famous births from the silver screen.
- Taylor Garron and Chanel James Made a Whole Movie From Separate Homes
- Matthew Rhys Walks Us Through Getting Humped Off a Bed
- Sam Richardson Is Daddy and He Is Familiar (With Guns)
- Tom Stourton’s Face was Not Allowed to Play Edward Snowden
- Elijah Wood Is Just a Really Nice Guy, Honestly
- Michael Ian Black Owns a Robot Car
- Allow Selling Sunset’s Mary Fitzgerald to Convince You to Move to L.A.
- Meeting the Greatest Band You’ve (Maybe) Never Heard Of