Watch a Midwife and a Doula Fact-Check Hollywood Birth Scenes
In Vulture’s video series, Expert Witness, we ask scientists, historians, and other professionals to give Hollywood movies a good old-fashioned fact-check.
Childbirth in movies and TV is often used as a dramatic plot point, the climax of a story, or sometimes even a dangerous obstacle which our heroines must overcome. But how do these Hollywood birth scenes measure up to the real thing? We asked a professional midwife and a doula to fact-check some famous births from the silver screen.
- An Illusionist Reacts to Movies and TV Shows About Illusions
- SNL Writers on Their Favorite Oddball Sketches of Season 44
- Watch a User Experience Expert React to Sci-fi Operating Systems
- The Meanest Jabs in Season One of Succession
- The 13 Most Withering Insults on ‘Big Little Lies’
- Tom Kenny Explains Various SpongeBob Memes
- How Realistic Is Hollywood’s Depiction of Women in Media?
- Christina Applegate Explains the Backstory of Jen’s Mastectomy on Dead to Me
- How Timothy Simons Handles All the Insults on Veep
- Sutton Foster Gushes Over Younger Director Miriam Shor
- The Team Behind I Am the Night on Why It’s So Universally Resonant
- The Cast of Miracle Workers Plays a Round of Catch Phrase
- DeWanda Wise on Preparing for Her Role in She’s Gotta Have It
- The Women of One Day at a Time Ship Penelope and Schneider’s Relationship
- Here’s What Went Into Filming Camping Episode of Project Runway
- Linda Cardellini Is Good at Keeping Secrets
- Natasha Rothwell Channels Her Inner Nancy Meyers
- Anna Konkle and Maya Erskine on Why Pen15 Is So Relatable
- Niecy Nash Critiques Iconic Nails
- Eric McCormack on What Society Expects From Sitcoms