The Live-Action Scooby-Doo Movie Keeps Me Awake at Night
In Vulture’s video series Mad About It, we obsessively dig into the most frustrating plot holes and unanswered questions across pop culture.
Once in a lifetime there comes along a film so baffling, it challenges us to look past the screen, past our preconceived naive notions of “what art means,” and deep into the twisted mazes of our own souls. Scooby-Doo is not one of those movies, but it has kept me awake at night since 2002. There’s a million things that don’t add up in this movie, but there’s one scene in particular that I just can’t get past.
- The 7 Most Damning Appearances on Who Is America?
- Watch a Cannabis Expert Fact-Check Stoner Movies
- Watch a Sword Expert Fact-check Hollywood Sword Fights
- Pets in Film Are Shook by Human Intimacy
- Chef Dale Talde Critiques Hollywood Food Scenes
- How Realistic Are Shark Attacks in Movies?
- Camp Counselors React to Hollywood Camp Scenes
- The Billy Eichner ‘Let’s Go, Lesbians!’ Meme Is Here to Save the Day
- NYC Stories: Bill Hader and Henry Winkler Have Ridiculous Memories of NYC
- How Realistic Are Hollywood Hacking Scenes?
- A History of the New York Drag Scene That Launched RuPaul
- We Baked a Drake Cake to Celebrate Scorpion
- Sex Educators React to Hollywood’s Sex Scenes
- Why GLOW’s Creators Feel Like They’re Running a ‘Leotard Factory’
- Justin Hartley on Kevin’s Transformation in This Is Us
- How Ryan Murphy Convinced Billie Lourd to Dye Her Hair For AHS: Cult
- Ted Danson on Why The Good Place Is Really About Karma
- Why Matt LeBlanc Embraced Humiliation for Episodes
- Evan Rachel Wood Explains Why Westworld Is an Actor’s Obstacle Course
- Roger Rabbit Changed the Way Hollywood Animates