Is Valentine’s Day the Worst Rom-Com of All Time?
In Vulture’s video series Mad About It, we obsessively dig into the most frustrating plot holes and unanswered questions across pop culture.
Valentine’s Day is a great excuse to give your loved ones candy, sit down for a nice dinner, or maybe just eat ice cream alone and think about the one that got away. However you’re planning on spending the holiday, there’s one thing I would highly advise against doing: watching the 2010 romantic comedy Valentine’s Day. The star-studded cast and premise don’t do much to distract from the fact that, at its core, this movie is set in a universe where everyone cares way too much about — let’s be honest — a pretty stupid holiday.
- An Illusionist Reacts to Movies and TV Shows About Illusions
- SNL Writers on Their Favorite Oddball Sketches of Season 44
- Watch a User Experience Expert React to Sci-fi Operating Systems
- The Meanest Jabs in Season One of Succession
- The 13 Most Withering Insults on ‘Big Little Lies’
- Tom Kenny Explains Various SpongeBob Memes
- How Realistic Is Hollywood’s Depiction of Women in Media?
- Christina Applegate Explains the Backstory of Jen’s Mastectomy on Dead to Me
- How Timothy Simons Handles All the Insults on Veep
- Sutton Foster Gushes Over Younger Director Miriam Shor
- The Team Behind I Am the Night on Why It’s So Universally Resonant
- The Cast of Miracle Workers Plays a Round of Catch Phrase
- DeWanda Wise on Preparing for Her Role in She’s Gotta Have It
- The Women of One Day at a Time Ship Penelope and Schneider’s Relationship
- Here’s What Went Into Filming Camping Episode of Project Runway
- Linda Cardellini Is Good at Keeping Secrets
- Natasha Rothwell Channels Her Inner Nancy Meyers
- Anna Konkle and Maya Erskine on Why Pen15 Is So Relatable
- Niecy Nash Critiques Iconic Nails
- Eric McCormack on What Society Expects From Sitcoms