Machine Gun Kelly Talks About That Time He Was 12 and Did Ecstasy
Machine Gun Kelly’s wildest memory from adolescence is exactly what you would expect, in all its early 2000s glory. He sat down at Vulture Spot at Sundance with Big Time Adolescence castmates Jon Cryer and Emily Arlook to chat about his craziest teenage escapade.
It was sometime around 2002, the height of “real warehouse rave stuff,” as MGK calls it. At the ripe age of 12, Colson Baker, who would later grow up to be the man and the myth MGK, found himself in a warehouse, with a dude named Sean who lived down the block, and Sean’s older sister’s boyfriend, who was a rave DJ. The DJ thought Sean and Colson were ready for a dose of the real deal, so he offered them ecstasy. And, even though MGK now says not to try this at home, he did admit that it was awesome.
Cryer and Arlook declined to comment on their craziest adolescent experience after that story because, really, how can you top that?
- Why Hasn’t Mindy Kaling Been on Drag Race Yet?
- Tony Hale and Jordana Spiro Are Ready to Tear Up Sundance
- Peter Sarsgaard Needs to Work on His Elevator Pitch
- Armie Hammer Can’t Answer Your Most Burning Call Me By Your Name Question
- Mark Duplass and Ray Romano Declare Bromances Canceled
- Daniel Radcliffe Actually Loves the Harry Potter Theme Parks
- Jon Hamm Stands Up for Federal Employees
- Chris Wallace Wants You to Remember It Can Always Get Worse
- Annette Bening’s Portrayal of Dianne Feinstein Isn’t About ‘Propping Up Anybody
- Paula Pell Teases Amy Poehler’s Directorial Debut Wine Country
- Jeff Goldblum Almost Knows How to Perform a Lobotomy
- Jenny Slate Bonds With Goat During Filming of The Sunlit Night
- Watch Lupita Nyong’o’s Tiny Co-Stars Reenact Her Belting Taylor Swift
- Pete Davidson Chats SNL and Starting Comedy As a Teenager
- Watch Demi Moore, Iconic Screen Crier, Summon Tears on Command
- Shia LaBeouf’s Castmates Confirm That He Is, Indeed, a Human Being
- Patty Jenkins Calls the Wonder Woman 1984 Cast ‘Magical’
- D’Arcy Carden’s Sundance Co-Stars Unpack Her Diva Behavior
- Lena Headey Reveals If She, in Fact, Actually Likes Cersei
- Octavia Spencer Does Not Want to Host the Oscars, But We Tried