Shia LaBeouf’s Castmates Confirm That He Is, Indeed, a Human Being
Shia LaBeouf’s Honey Boy castmates just want people to know that he’s human. “He’s the realest person I know that didn’t grow up with reality,” said director Alma Har’el. She sat down at the Vulture Spot at Sundance to talk about LaBeouf’s semi-autobiographical movie along with cast members Clifton Collins Jr., Byron Powers, and Noah Jupe. Lucas Hedges (and, of course, LaBeouf) also star.
LaBeouf sent the script to Har’el while he was still in court-ordered rehab. The movie is loosely based on his own childhood, and he wrote it as part of his recovery process. “The fact that it is so personal to Shia, there is a much heavier responsibility that goes beyond craft,” Collins said.
Jupe, who last year starred in A Quiet Place, plays the character based on young Shia. He described the script as “quite intense.” Still, Jupe contends that Shia is “the coolest person” to banter with. Aw!
- Why Hasn’t Mindy Kaling Been on Drag Race Yet?
- Tony Hale and Jordana Spiro Are Ready to Tear Up Sundance
- Peter Sarsgaard Needs to Work on His Elevator Pitch
- Armie Hammer Can’t Answer Your Most Burning Call Me By Your Name Question
- Mark Duplass and Ray Romano Declare Bromances Canceled
- Daniel Radcliffe Actually Loves the Harry Potter Theme Parks
- Jon Hamm Stands Up for Federal Employees
- Chris Wallace Wants You to Remember It Can Always Get Worse
- Annette Bening’s Portrayal of Dianne Feinstein Isn’t About ‘Propping Up Anybody
- Paula Pell Teases Amy Poehler’s Directorial Debut Wine Country
- Jeff Goldblum Almost Knows How to Perform a Lobotomy
- Jenny Slate Bonds With Goat During Filming of The Sunlit Night
- Watch Lupita Nyong’o’s Tiny Co-Stars Reenact Her Belting Taylor Swift
- Pete Davidson Chats SNL and Starting Comedy As a Teenager
- Watch Demi Moore, Iconic Screen Crier, Summon Tears on Command
- Shia LaBeouf’s Castmates Confirm That He Is, Indeed, a Human Being
- Patty Jenkins Calls the Wonder Woman 1984 Cast ‘Magical’
- D’Arcy Carden’s Sundance Co-Stars Unpack Her Diva Behavior
- Lena Headey Reveals If She, in Fact, Actually Likes Cersei
- Octavia Spencer Does Not Want to Host the Oscars, But We Tried