Watch a Combat Expert Review Iconic Onscreen Weapons
In Vulture’s video series, Expert Witness, we ask scientists, historians, and other professionals to give movies and TV shows a good old-fashioned fact-check.
From Thor’s mighty hammer Mjölnir to Bruce Lee’s trademark nunchucks to the curved blades of the Klingon bat’leth, pop culture has a wide range of weapons in its armory. In this episode of Expert Witness, we sit down with fight coordinator and historical fencing master Jared Kirby (again) to go over the pros and cons of some iconic Hollywood weaponry.
- Taylor Garron and Chanel James Made a Whole Movie From Separate Homes
- Matthew Rhys Walks Us Through Getting Humped Off a Bed
- Sam Richardson Is Daddy and He Is Familiar (With Guns)
- Tom Stourton’s Face was Not Allowed to Play Edward Snowden
- Elijah Wood Is Just a Really Nice Guy, Honestly
- Michael Ian Black Owns a Robot Car
- Allow Selling Sunset’s Mary Fitzgerald to Convince You to Move to L.A.
- Meeting the Greatest Band You’ve (Maybe) Never Heard Of