Watch a Trauma Surgeon React to Action-Movie Injuries
In Vulture’s new series, Expert Witness, we ask scientists, historians, and other professionals to give Hollywood movies a good old-fashioned fact-check.
Action-movie stars like Tom Cruise and Ryan Reynolds are always jumping out of windows, dodging cars, getting stabbed, and taking bullets like its nothing. Unfortunately, the human body is not that indestructible. In this episode of Expert Witness, we sit down with Dr. Spiros Frangos, Professor of Surgery at the NYU School of Medicine, to see how accurately characters respond to their injuries.
- Taylor Garron and Chanel James Made a Whole Movie From Separate Homes
- Matthew Rhys Walks Us Through Getting Humped Off a Bed
- Sam Richardson Is Daddy and He Is Familiar (With Guns)
- Tom Stourton’s Face was Not Allowed to Play Edward Snowden
- Elijah Wood Is Just a Really Nice Guy, Honestly
- Michael Ian Black Owns a Robot Car
- Allow Selling Sunset’s Mary Fitzgerald to Convince You to Move to L.A.
- Meeting the Greatest Band You’ve (Maybe) Never Heard Of