Watch a Dog Trainer Fact-check Dog Movies
In Vulture’s video series, Expert Witness, we ask scientists, historians, and other professionals to give Hollywood movies a good old-fashioned fact-check.
If you’re a dog person, or really anyone with a heart, there’s nothing quite like watching a canine take center stage. Don’t worry! We didn’t choose any movies where the dog dies! Instead, we asked dog trainer and animal behavior expert Andrea Arden to fact-check some scenes from iconic dog movies. Can a dog really play basketball? Was Turner in the wrong for being mad at Hooch’s nighttime barking?
- How Realistic Are Dinosaur Movies?
- Sex Educators React to Hollywood’s Sex Scenes
- How Realistic Are Hollywood Hacking Scenes?
- Camp Counselors React to Hollywood Camp Scenes
- How Realistic Are Shark Attacks in Movies?
- Chef Dale Talde Critiques Hollywood Food Scenes
- Watch a Sword Expert Fact-check Hollywood Sword Fights
- Watch a Cannabis Expert Fact-Check Stoner Movies
- Watch a Mixologist Fact-Check Hollywood Bar Scenes
- Watch a Midwife and a Doula Fact-Check Hollywood Birth Scenes
- Watch a Meteorologist Fact-Check Weather Movies
- Watch a Private Eye Fact-check Detective Movies
- Watch an Architecture Expert Weigh In on Iconic Movie Buildings
- Watch a Combat Expert Review Iconic Onscreen Weapons
- Watch a Trauma Surgeon React to Action-Movie Injuries
- Watch an Astronaut React to Films About Space
- Teenagers Fact-Check Iconic High-School Movies
- Watch a Dog Trainer Fact-check Dog Movies
- How Realistic Is Hollywood’s Depiction of Women in Media?