Danny Pudi’s Favorite Community Episode Was Also the One He Was Shooting When His Kids Were Born
Season three, Episode 17, “Basic Lupine Urology,” or “The One Where My Wife Went Into Labor and I Couldn’t Leave Until I Finished My Scenes,” is Danny Pudi’s favorite Community episode, but not just for its fun Law & Order parody. As he told Vulture Spot host Jamie Loftus while at Vulture Festival this weekend, alongside co-stars Yvette Nicole Brown and Jim Rash, the actor happened to be shooting that episode when his wife Bridget Showalter went into labor with their twins James Timothy and Fiona Leigh. The first clip-show episode was pretty good, too (and Brown’s personal favorite!), but yeah, if Danny Pudi had to pick, the one during which he became a father would definitely be the winner. Danny Pudi’s least favorite episode? Presumably the one he shot with a full-on broken nose.
- The Afterparty Cast Will Get That Edwin McCain Song Stuck in Your Head
- A Send-Off for Search Party
- Henry Winkler Demonstrates Why He’s a Better Acting Teacher than Gene Cousineau
- Taylor Garron and Chanel James Made a Whole Movie From Separate Homes
- Matthew Rhys Walks Us Through Getting Humped Off a Bed
- Sam Richardson Is Daddy and He Is Familiar (With Guns)
- Tom Stourton’s Face was Not Allowed to Play Edward Snowden
- Elijah Wood Is Just a Really Nice Guy, Honestly
- Michael Ian Black Owns a Robot Car
- Allow Selling Sunset’s Mary Fitzgerald to Convince You to Move to L.A.
- Meeting the Greatest Band You’ve (Maybe) Never Heard Of